The right beats, the right sound, the right balance of bass and treble can escalate a track to top billboard chart position. But you need money to make a song, right? But first, you need to create, in a place that inspires creativity… a recording studio of sorts, not so?
And when you have the music figured out, each track where you want it to be, mixed just the way you envisioned it, and almost, just almost when you are about to wrap up the project, you realise you’ve run out of money. And the mastering hasn’t even happened.
The SAMPRA Development Fund can help you with funds for the following:
- studio rental;
- mastering costs;
- graphic design;
- session fees;
- catering and accommodation during recording sessions; and
- accommodation expenses during recording sessions.
- Are you a SAMPRA member?
- Have you earned at least R3000 from SAMPRA?
- If you have answered yes to all the above questions, then you are eligible to apply for Music Production financial assistance.
- Your application should be accompanied by a detailed motivational letter, artist profile, certified copy of ID, CK documents (only applicable to record companies), detailed budget breakdown showing all related production expenses and quotations from third parties that add up to your budget.
- The form on the application portal will require you to populate the following elements:
- About Us
- Executive Summary
- History of previous Music Production projects
- Project Concept
- Aims & Objectives
- Project Timelines
- Marketing Plan
- Return on Investment for SAMPRA
- Budget (supported by Quotations from service providers/vendors that add up to your total budget)
- Contact Details
- Entries for this window are open from 08h00 on 17 July 2023 to 17h00 on 17 August 2023.