The right beats, the right sound, the right balance of bass and treble can escalate a track to top billboard chart position. But you need money to make a song, right? But first, you need to create, in a place that inspires creativity… a recording studio of sorts, not so?
And when you have the music figured out, each track where you want it to be, mixed just the way you envisioned it, and almost, just almost when you are about to wrap up the project, you realise you’ve run out of money. And the mastering hasn’t even happened.
The SAMPRA Development Fund can help you with funds for the following:
- studio rental;
- mastering costs;
- graphic design;
- session fees;
- catering and accommodation during recording sessions; and
- accommodation expenses during recording sessions.
- Are you a SAMPRA performer member?
- Have you earned at least R3000 over three royalty payments?
- Are you NOT in contractual relationship with a record company that compels you to record your tracks exclusively with them?
- Have you cleared any and all rights related to the tracks you want to record?
- If you have answered yes to all the above questions, then you are eligible to apply for financial assistance.
- You’ll need to submit a detailed CV, motivation letter, certified ID copy of applicant, 3 months bank statements and cost estimates/quotes related to music production costs.
- Entries for this window are open from 13 April 2021 to 14 May 2021.