We know you travel a whole lot for gigs. And sometimes you get a really cool gig but you can’t take it because you simply do not have the funds upfront to finance the trip.
What if we told you that the SAMPRA Development Fund can help carry some of the costs of your travel when you travel locally or internationally for gigs?
The funding will be available to recording artists, bands and start-up record companies with potential to become global superstars. Basically, someone like you.
This will also include SAMPRA members who have been invited to perform at international showcasing festivals, concerts, and conferences. The following expenses will be considered by the Fund:
- road travel;
- visa applications fees
- per diems ;
- car hire;
- accommodation; and
- band fees.
- Are you a SAMPRA member?
- Have you earned at least R3000 from SAMPRA
- Have you been invited or booked to perform locally or internationally?
- Do you have the required travel documents for the trip?
- If you have answered yes to all the questions above, then go ahead and apply for the SAMPRA Development Fund Travel Assistance.
- Your application should be accompanied by a detailed motivational letter, artist profile, promoter invitation letter, certified copy of passport (for international travel), certified copy of ID (for local travel) and quotations from third parties that add up to your budget.
- Only tours taking place from 4 November 2023 to 26 April 2024 will be considered.
- Applications with missing information or documents will not be considered.
- The form on the application portal will require you to populate the following elements:
- About Us
- Executive Summary
- History of previous Travel & Touring projects
- Project Concept
- Aims & Objectives
- Project Timelines
- Marketing Plan
- Return on Investment for SAMPRA
- Budget (supported by Quotations from service providers/vendors that add up to your total budget)
- Contact Details
- Entries for this window are open from 08h00 on 17 July 2023 to 17h00 on 17 August 2023.